Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer is Over!


I am probably one of the few people who will admit this: but I am glad to see the end of summer. Goodbye - farewell -- good riddance!

Ok... I do enjoy the warm weather (not too warm though!), and the everlasting sunny days and all the fun things you can do in the summer, but I hate the bugs and humidity and the clothing more! I do... the mosquitos and other biting insects take over our out of doors for July and August, which means you have to drench yourself in bug spray to go outside - not fun with a three year old in tow! I also can't take the severe heat. Luckily we didn't have a lot of hot, hot days this summer... but there were a few smoldering and humid days that rendered me a sweaty, frizzy-haired, incapacitated, fried, overheated mess! It sucked and I am glad those dog days are gone!

Bring on autumn I say! I can wear jeans again, and my funky shoes and fun sweaters. I can get out hiking and admire the lovely fall colours. There is also something wonderful in the air -- the way it smells, the way it blows the leaves off the trees and the way it ushers one season into another -- just perfect!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I used to live in Oklahoma and my favorite part of summer was the end!

    Luckily I live in San Diego now and there are no bugs or high humidity.....or tornados for that matter!


    Way to celebrate the simple things in life!

    ReplyDelete