Monday, June 7, 2010

She's Four!


Lu just turned four! I can barely believe it. They say time goes by so quickly when you have children. This statement is so true - you witness each day as your child grows and learns and matures and changes right before your eyes. It is truly amazing.

And four is an incredible age. This is the age when your child first starts to act more like a 'person' and not so much like the whiny, challenging, tantrum-y, tired, cranky, baffling toddler you're used to. For some reason when they hit the age of four they kind of turn into these mini comedians. They can be so funny that they leave you slapping your knees in wonder and awe and you ponder where they heck they came up with that. These amazing little life observers. So wise at this young age. And so cuddly. And so, well, agreeable. They just start to become a little more agreeable each day... and sometimes it's a shock as you brace yourself for the usual foot stomping rebellion only to be met by an angelic "ok mommy." And you think to yourself.. yeah.. ok mommy.. it IS ok!

Four. She is four. I struggled in the past with being a new mom. I struggled with finding me. I struggled re-establishing my business. I did it, though. I persevered, I faltered....often. But because of you I picked myself up more times than I wish to count and dusted myself off and started again. I cried. I was frustrated. And in the end I knew it would be ok... it would be ok mommy.

Here we are. You are four and wonderful and beautiful and smart and amazing and I have found myself again, just slightly ragged around the edges but I'm back.

Happy Birthday Lu! You have made me a stronger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment