Thursday, August 6, 2009

Barefoot Days


I love going barefoot. It is the greatest feeling in the world. I would forgo shoes forever if I could(I know.. GASP!)... but alas, I do need to go into town sometimes and to some pretty well-worn spots that do require shoes and a good scrub and sanitization afterward!

But being at home... wandering the back field with Lu, in search of raspberries and the occasional ant hill (endless entertainment)... I've gotta be barefoot. You feel so free and strong without having to wear shoes and I can walk and walk and walk without a misstep or mishap! Sure I run the risk of stepping in some form of animal poo, or a stinging insect or something far worse... but I have yet to come across anything I couldn't handle. I am knocking on wood right now to ensure fate doesn't change my plans during my barefoot walk tomorrow.

But for now, I am shoeless and enjoying the freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment