Monday, January 11, 2010

walking and skiing and enjoying the snow


One of the best things about living in the country is the easy access to endless entertainment via Mother Nature! Right off the back porch we can take lengthy walks and never cross our original path; we can slap our cross country skis on and go for hours and hours... it is the best.

Wildlife sightings also add to the memorable times - from coyotes to deer and mink to birds galore; there is always something new to discover. And then of course there was the Sunday ski I went on ... alone at dusk with Chelsea the dog in tow and came across some fairly fresh bear tracks... I skied home pretty quickly -- but even throughout my initial fear I was also in awe of these large paw prints and who the proud owner was. I know I share the forest with many animals but I would like to keep the bear sightings to a paw print in the snow from now on.

Happy skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment