Monday, February 1, 2010

A Little Off-Topic...

.. but is it just me or were the Grammy's really, painfully boring? I don't know, maybe I am too old and I just don't "Get" the music industry anymore... everyone seems so overly manufactured and insincere and well... untalented. Where are the independents and the ground-breaking new sounds and the truly talented? Nowadays it is about who has the biggest hair, the biggest boobs and can sell the most albums? And is most certainly NOT about the music because basically today's music just sucks.

Sure there are many stand out, unique and highly talented artists - and of course many, many are from Canada (too many to list here).. but the big names from the US who always shape the trends and of course make the most money are all so bad, and boring and bland and run of the mill.

I am sure (hope) I am not the only one to feel this way. But after watching barely an hour of the Grammy's last night, I had to turn it off. Good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment