Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Day Just For Me!


First off ... Happy Canada Day!

ok... I have had a really great day today. The Husband and Lu left yesterday for the start of our vacation. I am joining up with them tomorrow as I had some things to finish today... so I have had 24 hours of JUST ME!!!!!!!!

It has been 3 years since I have been JUST ME!!!!! Can you tell how excited I am about being JUST ME!!!

You forget the importance of mom time ... It has been such a long time since I have had a chance to recharge my batteries -- and so long overdue... this has been great.

So today...for my freedom 24 hours... I channeled my cat! Because cats know best how to lounge, linger and luxuriate!

Here is how the day unfolded:

7am wake up -- ON MY OWN (i.e. not woken up out of bed by shrieking, cries, screams.... stomping of husband, barfing cat, etc.)

7:30 check e-mail to catch up with husband and daughter

8 - empty dishwasher, let dog and cat out. Make raspberry smoothie

8:30 - back to bed with smoothie in hand and a magazine I have been dying to read

10am -- get dressed and outside to water plants, wander aimlessly around property, throw frisbee for the dog

11am -- start to clean the house -- in an orderly and not rushed manner. I even had a chance to treat the leather furniture and dust!!

12:30 - lunch

1 - nap

2 - walk the dog, sit under a tree and not do anything at all

4 - back to cleaning the house and pack for vacation

6 - dinner and update blog. Pretty well all my "chores" are done for the day. I now have the evening to continue my relaxation. Perhaps I'll take a bath. Or start my vacation book on the porch. Or watch cheesy videos on YouTube. Or maybe watch something decadent on TV!

The possibilities are endless

No comments:

Post a Comment